I don't want this to happen to youDec 02, 2022
"It's been tough to stay motivated lately"
"I will never see the light at the end of the tunnel"
"I just need a break, but don't have time for one"
The good news is that you are not alone. On this week's Most People Don't Academy Call we discussed KEEPING UP THE EFFORT, despite being tired and way too busy. How can we maintain the discipline, motivation, and enthusiasm to stay strong for year end, for quarter end, and for responsibilities in general?
The finish line may appear to be moving and the tunnel may seem to stretch on for eternity, but this isn't the case.
Each completion of a task is a win and deserves a celebration. Progress TOWARD a goal is a win. "Slow motion is better than no motion."
1. Consistency and discipline is the core. Be consistent with your message and behavior despite your energy and motivation level.
2. Take the pressure off and take a day off. You can't be everything to everyone. You can't always be on. A mental health day is so important to recuperate. Treat it similarly to when you take your car to get a tune up in the garage. It needs time to rest so it can take you to your destination. The same with your body. Park yourself once in a while to build up energy for later.
3. Follow your heart. When what you are doing is significant and really matters, your heart will become full. Allow life to happen on life's terms.
4. Spend time with people and things that you "can't get enough of". Surround yourself with positivity and others that lift your spirit.
5. Switch up your work environment to find inspiration. Work somewhere else, look at something different, and listen to songs that inspire you. Time box to become more efficient and assign schedules to your tasks like you would a lunch appointment.
For anyone in the Washington, DC area, consider attending our live event on December 8, 2022, called "CHOOSE HAPPY"- A gathering of international speakers to spread joy, celebrate kindness, and inspire happiness.